what it's about
the most satisfying and fulfilling moments in my life often occur in the mountains and forests of the pacific northwest. though my time there is limited, all the moments spent in the evergreen shade or summit panorama are the ones i come back to remember most often.
i am originally from central Massachusetts, graduated highschool in İstanbul, Türkiye, spent a period in Texas, then back to the north shore of MA to finish a degree in computer science. today i work as a software engineer, mainly in ruby, though my passion lies in functional languages of clojure or haskell.
my longest lived passions are:
- outdoor flow sports
- rock climbing
- mountain biking
- skiing, telemark, and backcountry
- really great single origin coffee and espresso
- socialism, politics, and philosophy
- music, though sadly this has fallen by the wayside
- i don't code much recreationally, but when i do, it goes on github.
this site, like everything else, is a work in progress and will be updated when i feel stoked to do so. for now, this is where i've gotten. for the more depressive focused side project of mine, check out avertentropy.wtf.